Healthy hair extensions are extremely important, especially if you love your extensions or want to keep them for a long time. There are many approaches to treat and take care of your healthy hair extensions. Here are the top five tips for healthy hair extensions.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine, as much as possible. Try putting your hair up when going to the gym, pool or beach. If you can't avoid getting it wet, rinse thoroughly with clean water before and after.
- Always make sure your hair extensions are completely dry before sleeping to avoid tangling. Prior to sleeping, braid extensions to reduce tangling and prevent the cuticles from rubbing together.
- Be gentle when brushing your hair with extensions. These are attached to natural hair, so pulling them can result in pulling out your natural hair. Start from the bottom and slowly work your way up, using a brush made for extensions.
- Our extensions can suffer from dryness and therefore it is vital to maintain the hair with the correct aftercare products. Healthy hair is beautiful hair! There is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp to your extensions as there would be with your natural hair; therefore, it's vital that you keep the hair nourished.
- Avoid heat styling tools and direct sunlight; our hair extensions can get damaged if exposed to high heat. We also advise against using a hair dryer when brushing your extensions. Use a heat protecting spray before using these tools. This works best on ‘chemically’ treated hair and won't do any harm to the extensions otherwise.